In the framework of MISTRAL group internal roadmap, you will take part in the definition and
development of the ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance) imagery data analysis,
detection, and alerting tool for the BOREAL UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System).
The BOREAL UAS is a fixed wing, long-range unmanned aircraft system designed for ISR
missions, reaching up to 8h of endurance.
Supervised by expert in UAS system and operations at M3Systems Belgium, you will implement
an ISR imagery data detection and alerting system and its associated services, following the
internally performed state-of-the-art analysis and smartly combining public available tools and
M3S’ private tools. By the end of the internship, you will have a working prototype that
validates key requirements.
• Take notice of the internal state-of-the-art analysis and master it
• Use the tools defined in the state-of-the-art for object detection
• Smooth the detection of objects to reduce false positives and missed detections
• Classify the detected objects to trigger the alerts
• Interface with the alert processing system following the internally defined
• Recently graduates/Master students
• Studies in engineering (data science, aerospace, telecommunications, …).
• English: negotiation level
• Team spirit and great collaboration skills
• Ability to work in autonomy
Brussels or Wavre, Belgium