Localisation : Brussels, Belgium
Title : ATM engineer
Contract type : Permanent contract
Starting date : April 2022
About M3 Systems Belgium
Do you want to be involved in the on-going transition of aviation? Today aviation needs to undergo a green makeover, improve manned aviation, and welcome new technologies and concepts. Although this seems tricky, we, MISTRAL, support this transition day after and make this future concept a reality.
In MISTRAL group we integrate the full range of aviation expertise that will be the basis of future aviation: unmanned systems (UAVs), state of the art satellite navigation expertise and renown expertise in air traffic management. The way we see it, future aviation will be a mix of manned and unmanned systems, evolving in a shared area relying on their real time position.
Our engineers design, build, manufacture, test, operate the future systems that will transform aviation as we know it today. At M3 Systems Belgium we are working hard to make the complex air traffic flow and airspace management rules and system evolve to comply with environmental concerns and welcome new entrants.
About you and the Role
The M3 System Belgium team in Brussels is looking to add an ATM Engineer to the team to work on the ATM future systems and processes. Your expertise will help ensure the systems developed are useful and used by controllers. You will join a team of young and motivated engineers involved in multiple projects. Your actions will have a direct impact on the projects.
What you’ll do
- Act as Technical Lead on ATM engineering projects, dealing directly with customers.
- Brings innovative approach to overcome technical or operational blocking points;
- Deliver Concept of operation; Requirement definition and management , Validation activities, Training and dissemination, Operational procedures, Support to deployment into operations
- Work as a member of a team on broader European R&D projects involving ATM, UTM, UAS ConOPS, UAS flight management and mission management related analysis and specifications.
What you’ll bring
- Graduate in engineering (or equivalent Master Degree). Aeronautical engineer is an asset.
- A good understanding in Air Traffic Management (air traffic control, airport operations, airspace management…)
- 5 years of working experience in the field of ATM is an asset.
- Be capable to summarize and consolidate customer requirements/needs
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary
- High level of spoken and written English and French, presentation skills.
- Strong customer facing skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Adaptive, motivated and resourceful person
- Excellent technical communication skills to collaborate with other teams and stakeholders and to give quality feedback for continual product and processes improvement
- If you are non-European you have the permits to work in Belgium.
Other Nice to have
- Experience in managing small to medium projects.
- Deep understanding of the theory and practice of modern machine learning techniques
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex topics in simple language to different types of audiences
- A Good knowledge and culture in aeronautical operations, UAS operations in particular.
What else you Need to Know
- Job based in Brussels, main office in the city center
- Participation in innovative projects
- Work with a young and dynamic team of engineer
- An attractive salary : Training, ticket restaurant, health insurance, eco ticket, 25 paid holidays
- Related to CP 200.
Application: send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org