In the framework of MISTRAL group internal roadmap, you will take part in the definition and development of a Drone flight mission planner tool for a drone operator such as BOREAL with emphasis on data exchanges with future USSP & CISP (U-space service Provider & Common Information Service Provider).
The BOREAL UAS is a fixed wing, long-range unmanned aircraft system designed for ISR missions, reaching up to 8h of endurance.
Supervised by expert in ATM/UTM and UAS systems and operations at M3 Systems Belgium, you will analyse, define and develop a drone flight mission planner tool focusing on future integration and data exchange with Common Information Service Provider and U-space Service Provider. The objectives will be to consolidate drone operator needs in terms of mission preparation and information, conduct a state of the art analysis, describe future system capabilities and potential architecture as well as select useful information and already available dataset to develop a prototype for BOREAL UAS operator.
- Conduct state of the art and future trends analysis.
- Consolidate end-users needs and document user requirements
- Describe operational concept from UAS operator perspective and describe future potential scenario / interfaces and architectures.
- Description and documentation of both operational and system description should be done using CAPELLA tool and methodology.
- Together with M3 Systems and BOREAL teams select key requirements and define the scope for developing prototype.
- Develop and integrate Common Information data samples on selected datasets (e.g. population density, obstacles, weather product) into BOREAL GCS flight planning tool.
- Recently graduates/Master students
- Studies in engineering (aerospace, telecommunications, industrial, mechanical…)
- English: negotiation level
- Team spirit and great collaboration skills
- Ability to work in autonomy
About M3 Systems Belgium
M3 Systems Belgium (M3SB) is an SME founded in 2004 in Brussels. Since 2016, the company also operates an office in Wavre. M3 Systems Belgium belongs to the MISTRAL group (based in Toulouse) with two sisters’ company; M3 Systems (France) and BOREAL SAS.
M3 Systems Belgium has been created from engineering activities in the Satellite Radio Navigation (GNSS – Global Navigation Satellite Systems) field and from consulting activities in ATM (Air Traffic Management) and Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management (UTM) sector.
Recognized at European level thanks to strong involvement in the Galileo signal definition through study contracts R&D support activities of the French space Agency (CNES) and many implications in European Commission, European Space Agency (ESA) and European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA).